In 1973 VW engineers began the development of a high-performance “Sport Golf” as a secret project rather than as an official factory program. They were joined later by suspension experts and chassis analysts. The marketing department helped to coin the “GTI” acronym. A legendary car and a long lasting performance saga was officially born.
The 1976 Volkswagen Golf GTI is considered by many to be the original “hot hatch”, the production was not expected to exceed 5000 units, but thanks to its excellent performance, top reviews and a cult following the total production of Golf Mk1 GTIs eventually reached 462,000 units.
This realistic drawing t-shirt represents and honors the iconic simplicity of this truly automotive icon, It´s fabric feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping